The mission of Simpson Housing
To house, support and advocate for people experiencing homelessness.
We know that with close, individual advocacy and support, men, women and families experiencing homelessness achieve housing stability. We are committed to Housing First: house people quickly, then provide services as needed.
- We believe that everybody has the right to safe and affordable housing.
- We celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and dignity of every person.
- We encourage people to draw upon their strengths and promote the power of self-advocacy.
- We advocate against the injustices of society that cause homelessness and poverty.
- We strive to create a collaborative community with the individuals we serve, within Simpson, and with the greater community.
An overview of our programsWe provide a full continuum of supportive housing services designed to help end chronic homelessness:
- Emergency shelters for men and women (separated by gender).
- Permanent, subsidized, supportive rental housing for single adults who have been homeless long-term, with a unique focus on the needs of single women.
- Subsidized, supportive rental housing for families with children
We educate the public about people who experience homelessness and the social justice imperative to end homelessness.
A narrated slideshow on Simpson